grub-devel

TFTP issue with large block sizes

From: Sakar Arora
Subject: TFTP issue with large block sizes
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 11:45:49 +0000

Hi

The tftp block size is hardcoded in grub source code to 1024 bytes. I made some changes to alter block size via grub environment variable to increase tftp download speed.

But I am facing reliability issues with large block sizes that lead to IP packet fragmentation, though the download speed does increase proportionately with block size.

Downloading kernel Image.gz via linux command fails at times with “timeout reading ./Image.gz” error message. Has anybody else tried playing with the tftp block size?

What are your observations?

This is on grub master branch. Boot firmware is UEFI on aarch64.

Thanks

Sakar