grub-devel

FreeBSD port work

From: Eric McCorkle
Subject: FreeBSD port work
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 07:22:26 -0400

Hi folks,

I've been doing some work to refurbish the FreeBSD port, and I may take
over maintaining it.  I also want to modify GRUB to pass GELI keys into
the kernel using the newer keybuf mechanism, but that's later (I posted
about this a while back).

Attached are some quick-and-dirty patches I created for getting the
updated port to build in the FreeBSD ports tree.  Note: there's a
"force-label" flag in the grub-install utility which is currently
unimplemented; the old version used a kind of script, but the newer one
is a C file, and I need to do more investigation to figure out how to
implement it in the C file.

If people think any of these patches should go into the main tree, let
me know what I need to do, or how I need to polish them up first and
I'll get it done