grub-devel

Why Lua support was removed

From: Tianjia Zhang
Subject: Why Lua support was removed
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 16:33:31 +0800

Hi everyone,

I want to use lua to do some logic on grub, which needs to be embedded in the lua interpreter. I found that grub supports lua as early as 2009, and only a few months later, the lua was removed. I checked the Changelog and git log, the reason for removal was not found, I want to know why the support for lua was removed.

Judging from the current situation, if grub wants to support a scripting language, lua is undoubtedly the most suitable and completely feasible. Is it acceptable to support lua in grub now? If possible, I will consider doing this.

Best regards,
Tianjia