grub-devel

Incorrect comment in disk.h (and bigger cache) ?

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Incorrect comment in disk.h (and bigger cache) ?
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2023 11:05:30 +1100

Hi 1

Stumbled upon this:

/* The size of a disk cache in 512B units. Must be at least as big as the
   largest supported sector size, currently 16K.  */
#define GRUB_DISK_CACHE_BITS    6
#define GRUB_DISK_CACHE_SIZE    (1 << GRUB_DISK_CACHE_BITS)

It's me or somebody had a bad day with math ? :-) It's 32K no ?

I'm tempted to increase this to speed things up on UEFI especially, either
that or maybe changing grub_fshelp_read_file() so that get_block can
optionally return a count of contiguous blocks so we can issue larger
requests ?

What do you think ?

Cheers,
Ben.