grub-devel

Need help: alternative module inclusion - duplicate symbols

From: Michael Lawnick
Subject: Need help: alternative module inclusion - duplicate symbols
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 11:50:12 +0100

Hi group,

hope you can help me:
I have modules pci_fpga.c and pci_fpga_emul.c with same functions in
them but different implementation, one for the real device, the other
one is just emulating.

What I now want is being able to include one of both versions through
build command. I started with this:

Makefile.core.def:
module = {
  name = pci_fpga;
  common = startlib/board/pci_fpga.c;
  enable = efi;
};

module = {
  name = pci_fpga_emul;
  common = startlib/board/pci_fpga_emul.c;
  enable = efi;
};

but then I get duplicate symbols error even without giving pci_fpga or
pci_fpga_emul on the build.

For using different packages than 'common' like this
module = {
  name = pci_fpga;
  pci_fpga = startlib/board/pci_fpga.c;
  enable = efi;
};
I could not find means to get pci_fpga included.

Same problem if trying to approach it via different enable flag: How to do?

Can anybody help? In docs I couldn't find usable hints.

--
KR
Michael