gtick-devel

[Gtick-devel] Feature request: manual beat selection

From: jonf . gtick
Subject: [Gtick-devel] Feature request: manual beat selection
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 16:09:14 +0100

Gtick seems to do a pretty good job of mimicking a
metronome. For playing according to a metronome marking this
is fine, but for composing, it could take advantage of
software flexibility and do something a clockwork one won't.

I'd like to be able to beat out a time on the keyboard
(space bar or perhaps enter), have it average out my human
frailty, display the rate and keep going at that rate. Thus
if I have a tune in mind it would be much easier to find out
what the metronome marking should be.

Cheers,

  Jón

--