gtktalog-devel

[Gtktalog-devel]Re: Re[2]: gtktalog locale wishlist-bug

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: [Gtktalog-devel]Re: Re[2]: gtktalog locale wishlist-bug
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:33:14 +0100 (CET)

> YM> I need your help to try to fix such a bug... Could you send me such a CD
> ? YM> I
> mean, could you make a small CD iso that you could send me by mail ? Without
> it, I YM>
> don't know how I could try to fix such a bug?

> certainly, I could make such CD, though I need a little help.
> I can make an ISO of the original CD that caused the bug, but I just don't
> imagine how
> to strip it to 5-10 Mb, without actually destroying it.
> AFAIUnderstand I can do two of the following :
> 1. make an ISO of the disk and send you just the header, say first 1Mb of the
> original
> CD
> 2. make an ISO of the disk, mount it and delete all files except one with
> russian
> letters in name just to prove it works
> (I never tried this one - so will it change the header/label or not ? - I
> guess it
> should be alright ?)

I need to be able to scan the iso. I think the 1/ will not fit. Try the 1/, and
if you
manage to reproduce the bug with the 1/, it will be enough for me.
If the 1/ is not working for reproducing the bug, I need a full iso. I don't
care about
the size of such an iso if you tell me where I can download it. But if you do
care about
the size (or the contents) of the iso (for example because your ISP is
expensive), you
need to make a smaller iso.

How to make an iso ? I use gcombust, and maybe you can make an iso with such a
tool
(eroaster, gcombust, xcdroast...) Maybe you can just use mkisofs that is the
command-line tool ? But AFAIK, iso files are read-only. You cannot add or
remove files
inside an iso.

Do for the best. I just need an iso, whatever it is, that shows the bug to me,
and that
I can play with until I find a fix for the bug.
BTW, if you are a developer, maybe you can have a look on the function
get_disk_label()
in fastadddisk.c. I'm nearly sure the bug is nowhere else.

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -