gtktalog-devel

[Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKatalog

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: [Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKatalog
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:30:51 +0200 (CEST)

> Hi,
>
> Right now you are using the label of the cd already don't you?

I am. But only as a hint for the name of the CD inside the catalog. It is not
stored
anywhere as the CD label, in the catalog.

> So for example when I have a CD with the name "pictures" this name will
> be shown.
> When I keep this exact name GTKtalog and I try to read the CD again
> GTKtalog tells me it exists already but when I change the CD name
> manually to for example "pictures 2003" and I try to read the CD again
> it doesn't notice anymore that the CD is in the database already.
> Maybe it is possible to just use an internal and external name?
> The internal one is the name that was read from the CD and the external
> the name that is shown in GTKtalog?

This is what we will do, I presume.
But maybe we should add more data specific to a CD. Maybe there are things to
take from
http://www.freedb.org/modules.php?name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=6 (Thanks
Toni :)

When you burn a CD, it is easy to put the same same as another CD, or to put
nothing.
And never trust the user. This is a programming rule :)

Thanks for the hints :)

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -