gtktalog-devel

[Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKtalog Feedback

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: [Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKtalog Feedback
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:03:53 +0100 (CET)

>> Then, we can copy/paste what you tell us about in a file and include it in
>> next versions of gtktalog: other users will be able to read it.
>>
>> About your suggestion, we already number the media when there are 2 with
>> the same name. But it could be a feature to number them anyway, all of
>
> I gave it a 2nd thougt: An (still editable) CD autonumbering makes only real
> sense, if there is a detailed list view of your CDs: Then you could sort
> either by CD name, number, size ...
> To render this, one could introduce a parent top level to the tree that is
> shown on the left side:
>
> KATALOG-FILE-NAME
> -NoName (121)
> +MyCD (123)
>
> So, when you klick on the KATALOG-FILE-NAME, in the right window a list of all
> CDs is displayed - sortable by all displayed columns.

OK, I see what you mean :)
But then, no need to number the disksmore than what is done today. We just need
that,
when we display the "root", we see in the right pane some new fields: CD name,
number,
size, and other that we can find in any CD burning tool.

And add the "root" that already exists, but that is hidden because there was no
need for
it.

Yves

--