gtktalog-devel

[Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKtalog Feedback

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: [Gtktalog-devel] Re: GTKtalog Feedback
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:52:00 +0100 (CET)

> Am Montag, 24. November 2003 13:03 schrieben Sie:

>> > I gave it a 2nd thougt: An (still editable) CD autonumbering makes only
>> > real sense, if there is a detailed list view of your CDs: Then you could
>> > sort either by CD name, number, size ...
>> > To render this, one could introduce a parent top level to the tree that
>> > is shown on the left side:
>> >
>> > KATALOG-FILE-NAME
>> > -NoName (121)
>> > +MyCD (123)
>> >
>> > So, when you klick on the KATALOG-FILE-NAME, in the right window a list
>> > of all CDs is displayed - sortable by all displayed columns.
>>
>> OK, I see what you mean :)
>> But then, no need to number the disksmore than what is done today. We just
>> need that, when we display the "root", we see in the right pane some new
>> fields: CD name, number, size, and other that we can find in any CD burning
>> tool.
>>
>> And add the "root" that already exists, but that is hidden because there
>> was no need for it.
>
> Meanwhile I found  out, that after changing one CD's properties, there is a
> view of all CDs on the right side. As for the root: Yes, show it please, but
> if it is hash codes rather than integer numbers, I'll plea for an additional
> int field - I like to stick to the numbering of >100 CDs I got. I read on
> your page that there were even wishes for custom fields or CD location.
> Well, the custom field thing could be difficult as for import/export, I'd
> consider a reasonable amount of fields for the CD database, such as:
> ID (internal/Hash), Name (as given, mabe Original Name, too), Size, Number
> (int), Comment (string), Category (enumeration?), Place (index of user
> defined places like Library, Work, Basement...) - shouldn't be that difficult
> - however I must admit, I had a fast glance on the code and couldn't sort out
> where the structure for the CD entries is... Most of the commentary seems to
> be in the doc files...

I don't know what will be done, but it will be for the best, of course :)
We (Will is working hard on this, but is now on holidays) are working on the
gnome2
version and a new display of the tree. We will take your remarks into account.

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -