gtktalog-devel

Re: [Gtktalog-devel] command line / text client

From: Yves Mettier
Subject: Re: [Gtktalog-devel] command line / text client
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:51:08 +0100 (CET)

> Hello, the list.

Hi,

> I wonder if this is difficult (done?) to have a text client to handle
> gtktalog archives? Most of the times it is very inconvenient to start X

Yes, we have to redesign GTKtalog for that.
However, it is one of the next things to do and the command-line tool will be
written
probably before a GUI.
Don't expect it for soon, but one day...

> could participate if needed. Or maybe, someone can recommend a good
> alternative cataloging tool (the best solution I have now is just an "ls
> -laR")?

Have a look on http://sourceforge.net/projects/mcats.
This was supposed to be the new gtktalog, but it needed too much work to
maintain. It
seems abandonned.

I know no other programs like you want on GNU/Linux.

Yves

--
- Homepage    - http://ymettier.free.fr - http://www.logicacmg.com -
- GPG key     - http://ymettier.free.fr/gpg.txt                    -