Re: goops C interface

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: goops C interface
Date: 25 Oct 2000 17:25:46 +0200

Eric Moore <address@hidden> writes:

> is there any documentation, or examples of the use of the goops C
> interface?
>
> Do we still need someone to finish it?  If so, what's wrong/missing
> with what we have now?  (yes, I am volunteering)

guile-snarf.h and fdi.c example is just experimental code to see if
that style of usage is a good thing.

I actually dislike adding the slots incrementally.  Since there is no
"finalize" construct, this puts bad constraints onto the
implementation.

Also, remember that the snarfing is an extra feature on top of the
standard API.

I suggest that you design a non-snarfing API which doesn't have the
incremental property mentioned above, and that you then, possibly, add
snarfing macros on top of that layer.

Right now, primitve methods and accessor take up a lot of storage
since they have to be disguised as closures.  We'll fix this later.

Sorry for being so passive about this.  Maybe I'll have some time in a
few days.

Mikael