Re: mod_guile, guile-latte, and other webstuff for guile...

From: Dale P. Smith
Subject: Re: mod_guile, guile-latte, and other webstuff for guile...
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 07:27:39 -0500

Jorgen 'forcer' Schaefer wrote:

> Hi there!
> I know i did quite a big fuzz about how I'm going to write
> mod_guile.  That was back when i used to have a lot of time :( I'm
> really sorry for that.  I'll not be able to complete it, but i
> have a few good ideas about it.

I've been working on my own mod_guile for a while now.  You can write
handlers in scheme that take a smobified request_rec as an argument.
Standard out is a port that uses ap_rwrite and friends.  Right now there
are two hard-coded content handlers, scheme and "gbrl".   Scheme code is
evaluated with gh_eval_file_with_catch.  Not nearly done, but it is
working.

I'd like to hear your ideas and what direction you were headed.

> Also, it would be nice if we could get BRL (or something like
> BRL) on Guile. (which would result in possibilities like writing
> BRL with Latte syntax... :)

I have a good deal of brl ported to guile, except I'm using "#>" for "]"
and "<#" for "[".  Just one read-hash-extend and you don't have to patch
guile!  The [ and ] are a *lot* cleaner looking though. :(  The sql-xxx
functions are only using guile-pg.  It would really be nice if we had a
common api for all the databases, like odbc or jdbc.

> Are there other people interested in things like this?  Is there
> a mailing list?  (i know about the lisp-web mailing list, I'm
> looking for something closer to guile).

I'm *very* interested!

-Dale
--