heads up (was: Re: Making guardians a module?)

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: heads up (was: Re: Making guardians a module?)
Date: 24 Dec 2000 01:06:58 +0200

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> Some thoughts about guardians:
>
> With respect to guardians one should know, that guardians are not a very
> well thought out thing at all (IMO).  The interface is nice, but the
> semantics are quite strange.

I've just commited some changes that should give guardians more
intuitive semantics without (almost) breaking the interface.  Please
check it out and comment.  I'm especially concerned about naming and
clarity (or lack thereof) of the NEWS blurb.

thanks,
--mike, who hopes he's *done* with guardians for the time being,
'cause he's *sick* of them. ;)

--
Who's afraid of the garbage collector?