Re: Guile using QuickThreads on IA64?

From: Rob Pennington
Subject: Re: Guile using QuickThreads on IA64?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 06:50:18 -0600

It will given back to the community as open source under the original licensing. There are no strings attached to this. We are trying to find other codes that rely on QuickThreads to help justify getting the help to do this. Any pointers to other codes that rely on it would be appreciated.

Rob

At 07:47 PM 2/9/2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:
Jim Phillips <address@hidden> writes:

> I noticed from one of your change logs that Guile uses QuickThreads but
> not on IA64.  We're working with NCSA and Intel and are trying to convince
> Intel to do a the IA64 port in assember for us.  They asked if anyone else
> was using this library so I found you on Google.
>
> In any case, if you are interested in this port, please let me know and
> copy Rob Pennington <address@hidden> as well.  Thanks.

We are interested, iff we are able to use the result of the port.
That is, the port must be Free Software as defined by the Free
Software Foundation.  Otherwise, we can not distribute it as part of
Guile.