Re: Guile using QuickThreads on IA64?

From: Rob Pennington
Subject: Re: Guile using QuickThreads on IA64?
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 20:12:04 -0600

Can you tell me more about guile? I've seen the web pages about it being a scheme interpreter but who is using it? Anybody with a commercial code or a large application that is well known and open source?

Rob

At 07:24 PM 2/10/2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:
Rob Pennington <address@hidden> writes:

> It will given back to the community as open source under the original
> licensing.  There are no strings attached to this.

Ok, fine.  Then we want it! :-)

Ultimately, we want to use the platform native pthread interface for
threading in Guile, but I think right now, QuickThread is still the
preferred way (and only) way to get threading.