Re: Guile C editing commands

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Guile C editing commands
Date: 11 Mar 2001 17:47:46 +0100

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Keisuke Nishida wrote:
>
> > I have written some Emacs commands to edit Guile C files.
> >
> > Command `guile-c-insert-define' inserts a template of a Scheme procedure:
> [...]
> > Command `guile-c-edit-docstring' can be used to edit docstrings
> > in a separate buffer in Texinfo mode.
>
> Nice.
>
> > Maybe should I put this in guile-core/emacs/ ?
>
> I'd say, yes, why not.  IMO, we don't have to be too careful with
> extensions to the emacs mode if it is about functions that are for
> interactive use only.

No, you're right.  We don't need to be careful with this.  Please
always feel free to improve the emacs support without asking.

The really critical areas are extensions/changes to the API or
additions of new code (need to try to keep things simple and code size
down).

Keisuke, please go ahead, and thanks!

Mikael