Module system documentation

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Module system documentation
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:40:13 +0200

Hi all,

I will commit some changes to the reference manual in a minute, where
I have added documentation about usage of the current module system.
I have written down all I know about Guile modules, and would be glad
if someone with more insight could look over what I've written, tell
me about errors and give hints about what's still missing.

While we're at it, in the manual I found this remark:

  [FIXME: must say more, and explain, and also demonstrate a private
  name space use, and demonstrate how one would do Python's "from
  Tkinter import *" versus "import Tkinter".  Must also add something
  about paths and standards for contributed modules.]

Is there something like `explicit import' possible right now
(e.g. only import specified bindings)?

Best regards,
  'martin