Re: 1.6.0 release update.

From: thi
Subject: Re: 1.6.0 release update.
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:56:24 -0700

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: 03 May 2001 13:30:26 -0500

   There is the stuff in RELEASE, much of which is gone now as I've
   already done it :>, but other than that, if people have important
   things that won't take very long, that's fine, but at this point, I
   think we need to shift a little more in the direction of "release
   early/release often" than trying to make sure everyting is perfect
   before doing anything.

well, i wouldn't want everything perfect (how boring!), but at least we
ought to strive for complete documentation.  spiffy new features plus
poor documentation results in backlash against the project, reducing
slack.  this can be avoided.

   To me the key question is "Would a release now be a significant
   improvement over the last release (i.e. 1.4)?", and IMO the answer is
   a clear and resounding YES.  So I think we should go ahead.

this is YES for you because you know guile innards.  but it's NO for me
because i am only still in the process of learning about such things.
also, as a guile user, documentation lack is a big turn off (probably
most guile users would agree).

ok, i'll stop whining now and just request the doc task list be posted
or checked in so that i can see what i can do to help in that area
before It's Too Late... ;->

thi