Problems with test-suites and modules

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Problems with test-suites and modules
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 23:31:06 +0200

Hello list,

I was just trying to add a srfi-13.test file to the test-suite, but
ran into a problem.

SRFI-13 redefins some primitives, like string-copy or string->list, to
allow optional start/end indices.  When writing the tests, they always
failed and I figured out that the primitives from the core are used
instead of the SRFI ones, even though I put a

(use-modules (srfi srfi-13))

at the top of the test file.  The problem seems to be that the the
test code is expanded into the body of the procedure `run-test', which
is closed under some other module, and thus contains the builtin
bindings for those procedures.

Is there a possibility to access the bindings in my modules instead?
Placing the use-modules statement into the test fails, because
use-modules is only allowed at top-level now.

Regards,
  'martin