Re: Do we have anything like a TODO file?

From: thi
Subject: Re: Do we have anything like a TODO file?
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 04:48:22 -0700

   From: Neil Jerram <address@hidden>
   Date: 13 May 2001 11:02:58 +0100

   I think there is a difference between tasks that have been assigned,
   and which people are working on -- the current contents of tasks.text
   -- and a list of issues to be resolved and things to think about
   working on.  I thought Rob was talking more about the latter.  For
   example, Rob's question about macros and modules could go in this
   category.  I think a top level TODO file would be a good place for
   this sort of thing.

ok, i understand now.

well, from a project management standpoint, combining the two lists
(TODO and DOING/DONE) makes it easy and compelling to maintain both.
keeping separate lists introduces discrepencies and is just plain More
Work, which means maintenance drops off (this is our current state).  i
figure we already have a file w/ the latter for developers, why not add
some TODO stuff there as well?

i can see some value in having a "distribution grade" top-level TODO
culled (to remove people's names and lump tasks, for example) at release
time from the more detailed devel/tasks.text.  this particular spiffing
task could be added to RELEASE.  how does that sound?

thi