Re: Should I add cond-expand to boot-9.scm?

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Should I add cond-expand to boot-9.scm?
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 06:25:24 +0200

> From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
> Date: 15 May 2001 02:05:53 +0200
>
> Do the SRFIs themselves provide any inside how cond-expand should
> behave in implementations that can load SRFIs on demand?  Should
> cond-expand do the demand loading?

No.  SRFI-0 includes some blurb about module systems with restricted
scoping rules etc, but leaves everything to some possible future
module system SRFI.

But maybe we could wait for SRFI-22 (Running Scheme Scripts on Unix)
to finalize, which defines some additional names for script
interpreters, such as scm-r5rs or scm-i3e-1178-90 or scm-srfi-0, which
would support the language implied by the name.  Though personally I
dislike this because of possible name clashes if more than one SRFI-22
Schemes are installed.

A possibility would be to add a command line option to Guile,
something like this:

guile --use-srfi=1
guile --use-srfi=1,6,17

which would load the corresponding SRFI module after booting and add
the corresponding `feature identifier' to the list in `cond-expand'.
I think this would be the cleanest solution.

Regards,
  'martin