Re: [patch] File names and line numbers in backtrace

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: [patch] File names and line numbers in backtrace
Date: 25 May 2001 01:45:56 +0200

Daniel Skarda <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
>   sometime ago I found that output of backtrace command is not too
> informative.  It does show the code - but it does not show _where_
> the code is. So I tried to change backtrace to write information
> about file name and line number.

Nice!

What about this alternate options interface.  Instead of three options,
have only one:

    - show-file-name

    Show file names and line numbers in backtraces when not `#f'.  A
    value of `base' displays only base names, while `#t' displays full
    names.

I would also like it better when files/line numbers are printed before
frame numbers.

Anyway, we need papers from you, I'm afraid.  See private mail.