Re: long_long and ulong_long deprecated

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: long_long and ulong_long deprecated
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2001 09:47:12 -0500

stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> Working on the Win32 port of Guile for future release I noticed long_long
> and ulong_long being deprecated. Could anyone explain it ?

And actually I had been planning to see about adding a decent
scm2longlong and longlong2scm (or similar 64bit converters) to
libguile for a while.  I have a hacked version in g-wrap, but it would
be nice to see a native version.

Alternately, I suppose we could just expect the user to use the scm_
bitshift operations to do whatever they need to do.  This used to be a
problem b/c those operations were broken, but I think they may be
fixed now.

Also, we might be able to get a litttle better performance if we had
something like a "pack/unpack" pair of algorithms for taking (big)nums
to/from C integer arrays (or do we have that already?).

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu