Re: Better support for transition to guile-1.6

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: Better support for transition to guile-1.6
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

       OK, but should we aim in future to provide more than one level of
       backwards compatibility?  (Which would require a more complex
       mechanism than our current deprecation approach.)  Or do we think that
       one level will probably always suffice?

Take a survey of users and damn the non-respondents.

If, for some odd reason, the users come up with an intractable demand
-- ignore it, but at least start keeping a design log to record the
"higher purpose".

-t