Re: guile-readline problems

From: rm
Subject: Re: guile-readline problems
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:25:37 +0200

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 07:46:24PM +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:

>     guile> (version)
>     rm>     "1.7.0"
>     guile> (use-modules (ice-9 readline))
>     rm>     ERROR: In procedure dynamic-link: ERROR: file:
>     rm> "libguilereadline", message: "file not found" ABORT:
>     rm> (misc-error)
>     guile>
>
> I also had this problem, and solved it by adding
>
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}
>
> to my .bashrc.

Thanks Marius and Neil,

i found this solution but still still don't really understand why
i need to do this. '/usr/local/lib' is in '/etc/ld.so.conf' and
'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' is unset. After all, this is where a lot of my
libs live and so far no other program has encountered similar problems.
Anyway, i can live with the workarround, and thank's for  your help.

 Ralf Mattes