Re: 1.6.0: major soname version decremented?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: 1.6.0: major soname version decremented?
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:27:34 +0200

Rick Taube <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Rick,

It seems that your mailserver is broken; below is reply I tried to
send you.

Jan.

From: Mail Delivery System <address@hidden>
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
To: address@hidden
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:17:32 +0200

  address@hidden
    SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<address@hidden>:
    host relay1.cso.uiuc.edu [128.174.5.119]: 550 5.0.0 spam not allowed

To: Rick Taube <address@hidden>
From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:17:28 +0200

Rick Taube <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, Ive been reading your postings re Guile and Cygwin with great
> interest. Ive just finished porting my music composition software
> (called Common Music) from Common Lisp/CLOS to Guile 1.6.0/GOOPS on
> linux. I would really like to have Common Music running in Guile
> under Windows as well! My question is: do you actually have Guile
> 1.6.0 ported to Windows?

That depends on how you look at it.  Guile is now part of the Cygwin
distribution, which is not quite the same as Windows proper.

> If so I would be grateful for any tips/pointers you can give me on
> how to do this!  Thanks for any info.

Visit http://cygwin.com for more information.  Cygwin gives you a
fairly complete unix-like environment for Windows.

Greetings,
Jan.