Re: Raw mode for current-input-port.

From: Christopher Cramer
Subject: Re: Raw mode for current-input-port.
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 14:30:43 -0600

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 11:02:14AM -0600, Rob Browning wrote:
> I'd like to have (read-char) return immediately when a key is pressed,
> rather than waiting for a carriage return.  At first I thought setvbuf
> would do it, but then I recalled that that was probably designed for
> output ports.  So do we already have anything suitable?  I'm guessing
> cfmakeraw might work, but I'd need to wrap that.

Right, the buffering is not on the application side, it's on the system
side, so you need to change the terminal mode.  So... there are already
four different Ncurses libaries available.  It should be trivial to make
a soft port that calls getch.

If you can wait a day, I'll be releasing a new version of mine
(current is at http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/guile-ncurses.tar.gz)
tomorrow that will work with 1.6.

--
Christopher Cramer <address@hidden> <http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/>
"All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the