Re: min, max and nans

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: min, max and nans
Date: 07 Jun 2003 01:17:38 +0200

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> In my opinion, the idea of sending build logs at failure (not when
> Guile compiles and tests OK) to address@hidden is an excellent
> idea.
>
> If I have at any time been critical against it, it was because it is a
> good idea to start off with no build failures so that people feel
> motivated to fix things.

Hehe, yeah, I could totally understand your point (if I understood it
;-).  For those interested: the snapshots were failing for over a week
due to problems in the build environment (I think).  I didn't get
around to fix the build environment in a timely manner and so people
saw error logs that were not relevant to them.  That could only teach
them to ignore these logs.  So I stopped posting them automatically.

We _did_ start off with no build failures but that was hard to notice
since no logs are sent when there is no build failure.

I think it is also OK when just I myself watch the logs and contact
the people that I deem responsible for failures.