Re: scm_i_fraction_reduce thread safety

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: scm_i_fraction_reduce thread safety
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:35:49 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> In any case, do we have a "current plan" with respect to threading,

I don't have one ready, but I do very much want to have one before
1.8.  I need to decide for myself whether I would want to go for full
concurrency or for restricting us to a one-thread-at-a-time model.

Full concurrency is not a nice-model to program for,
one-thread-at-a-time wont be able to take advantage of multiple
processors.

> and on a related note, do we have any plans to consider anything other
> than our current one interpreter per-process arrangement?

In my view, it doesn't make much sense to talk about 'the interpreter'
in the context of Guile.  Our 'interpreter' is just the function eval.

What would separate interpreters mean?  Separate heaps?