Re: Progress in porting to 1.7, but still work to do

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: Progress in porting to 1.7, but still work to do
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:03:37 -0800

Hi Neil,

Neil Jerram wrote:
Bruce Korb <address@hidden> writes:

I have *two* problems.  First, after emitting the error text below,
Guile 1.7.2 is calling, "exit(0)" not "exit(EXIT_FAILURE)".

What function in Guile is calling exit?

None.  gh_enter is returning when an error gets thrown.
(See the followup message to the one you replied to.)
My original code ended with:

   /* NOTREACHED */
   return 0;

Now, it ends with:

   /* sometimes reached */
   abort();
   return 0; // silence picky compilers

--- error.out6  Sun Dec  4 13:41:27 2005
***************
*** 1,5 ****
! error.tpl6:7:4: In expression (stumble-over-unbound-variable):
! error.tpl6:7:4: Unbound variable: stumble-over-unbound-variable
 Scheme evaluation error.  AutoGen ABEND-ing in template
       error.tpl6 on line 3
 Failing Guile command:  = = = = =
--- 1,4 ----
! ERROR: Unbound variable: stumble-over-unbound-variable
 Scheme evaluation error.  AutoGen ABEND-ing in template
       error.tpl6 on line 3
 Failing Guile command:  = = = = =
+ exit 1

Can you post the code that is being evaled (or a simpler example that
shows the same problem)?  I think that means whatever pzExpr is in the
following code.

Failing Guile command:  = = = = =

(
if (exist? "nothing")
   (error "blah, blah")
   (stumble-over-unbound-variable)
)

It seems to be a general problem.  I've now seen messages from at least
two people complaining about the lack of file/line information.

Thank you, Neil.   Regards, Bruce