Re: Guile 1.7.91 has been released.

From: Bill Schottstaedt
Subject: Re: Guile 1.7.91 has been released.
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:40:18 -0800

I was trying to build the new guile on a MacIntel box, got this error in gmp:

 tmp-dive_1.s:98:invalid character '@' in first operand
 make[2]: *** [dive_1.lo] Error 1

I sent a bug report to the gmp bug list and got this reply:

--------

Date: 13 Feb 2006 17:26:45 +0100
From: Torbjorn Granlund <address@hidden>
To: "Bill Schottstaedt" <address@hidden>
CC: address@hidden
Subject: Re: gmp 4.1.4 on x86 Mac       All headers

"Bill Schottstaedt" <address@hidden> writes:

 During make in MacIntel (OS X 10.4.4, i686-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1),
 I get this error:

[snip]

 tmp-dive_1.s:98:invalid character '@' in first operand
 make[2]: *** [dive_1.lo] Error 1

MacIntel is not a platform we support in GMP 4.1.

(For most new platforms, things would just work.  But Darwin,
both for POWER and x86, uses its private assembly syntax and
object file relocations.)

--------

which I guess means the new Guile won't work on either kind of Mac?