Re: Branch management

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Branch management
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:45:12 +0100

Hello,

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Just a heads-up: until I get to any work that isn't appropriate for
> the 1.8 branch, I'm planning to make all my commits to the 1.8 branch
> only, on the assumption that we will do something later to copy those
> changes to CVS head.

Personally, I've been tracking HEAD (with an own Arch branch) from
before the 1.8 release and the fact that HEAD becomes abandoned in favor
the 1.8 branch isn't very practical to me.  Perhaps other people are in
the same situation?

> Has there yet been any post-1.8 work in CVS?  If there hasn't, we
> have more options for what that "something later" can be.

I posted a few bugfixes, some of which haven't been applied yet, some of
which were applied to HEAD, and some of which were applied to 1.8.  :-)

Thanks,
Ludovic.