Re: 1.8 make check failing in popen.test

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: 1.8 make check failing in popen.test
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:36:15 +1000

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

>   FAIL: popen.test: open-input-pipe: echo hello

Seems ok for me.

> Also, while looking around, I noticed that many of our tests don't
> place themselves in a their own test module, and that raised two
> questions:
>
>   1) Should they (to limit the chance that one test might affect
>      another inadvertently)?

Yes, I think so, those which load modules or make helper defines at
least.  I changed a couple of the srfi ones a while back, ones that
loaded bindings extending core stuff.

>   2) Is there any reason I shouldn't consider just reworking the
>      scheme level tests to run each foo.test in a separate Guile
>      process?

I suppose you lose the aggregated tests counts at the end.  If all
tests work (which is presumably the normal case!) I guess it doesn't
matter much either way.