Re: More i18n

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: More i18n
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:54:36 +0000

Kevin Ryde <address@hidden> writes:

> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> (i) add a reference to where charsets are documented further
>
> If only there was a decent central bit in the gnu manuals :-(.
> Running "iconv -l" is the only way I know to even see a full list.

It wasn't a list that I was looking for, just some idea of what a
charset is.

I've read just enough about this area to know that there is a lot of
terminology describing similar but subtly different concepts, like
locales, charsets, code pages; chars, code points, glyphs; encodings,
etc.

If it's a case of Guile's "charset" mapping exactly to some
well-known external definition of "charset", all I'm asking for is a
reference to that external definition.

Regards,
     Neil