Re: struct-copy func

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: struct-copy func
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:27:55 +1000

> `struct-copy' must check fields permission

I didn't want to do that.

> `s' fields must be updated

Ah yes, I forgot that.

> `o' fields cannot be copied I think.

I had in mind just bitwise copying them.  But I guess that slightly
defeats the purpose of such fields, and could conceivably be a bit evil.

I might rethink it as just a record-copy, since plain records have none
of those questions.  But that'd need at least `record?' down in C code
for a type check, so it might have to wait until most of the record
stuff is in C.