incompatibility between using 1.8.1 and 1.8.2

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: incompatibility between using 1.8.1 and 1.8.2
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 22:16:22 -0400

Hi all

texmacs (www.texmacs.org) is a free wysiwyw (what you see is what you want)
editor which depends on guile-1.8-libs. Debian currently has guile
1.8.2+1-2. The previous guile version was 1.8.1+1-5.

If texmacs is compiled on a machine with guile 1.8.2+1-2 libraries and is
installed on a machine using 1.8.1+1-5 then executing texmacs is giving the
following error

texmacs.bin: Symbol `scm_i_freelist' has different size in shared
object, consider re-linking
TeXmacs] With linked TrueType support
Segmentation fault

More information about this issue can be found at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=439923 . Can someone give
me an idea where the mistake is? Since .so version has not changed between
1.8.1 and 1.8.2, I am assuming we can mix them. Is that correct or am I
completely off the track? If it is a bug, it would be great to see a fix
for it by guile 1.8.3.

thanks in advance for any suggestions/pointers/comments...
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/