Guile project page garbage collection

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Guile project page garbage collection
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2007 15:34:11 +0100

Hi,

I shamelessly added projects I've been working on to
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/gnu-guile-projects.html .

However, this page is terribly outdated.  I'm not convinced that the
Free Software Directory is the right approach to advertise Guile
programs/libraries, so I think we should do something about the Guile
project page.

So, here's a proposal:

  * We rename the page to `old-gnu-guile-projects.html' and start a new
    one; the new page would contain a link to the old one, hidden at the
    bottom or something like that.

  * To get listed on the new page, people must send an HTML entry with
    accurate information.  It shouldn't be too much of a burden to
    install new entries if we just have to copy/paste them.

    I would also suggest to do away with the `author', `maintainer' and
    `status' fields since they are not very useful and are bound to
    become outdated (well, except for `author').

  * We'd limit `gnu-guile-projects.html' to software that runs with 1.8
    (or 1.6 too?) and move other projects to
    `old-gnu-guile-projects.html' until they upgrade.  :-)

    Likewise, we'd preferably refrain from adding entries for software
    that's "mostly unwritten".

The idea is that the page should reflect what users can do today with
the latest Guile while being able to get support.  I think this can be
beneficial both to Guile and Guile-based projects.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Ludovic, Publicity Chair.  ;-)