Re: [patch] SRFI-69 support

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: [patch] SRFI-69 support
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:26:38 +0100

Hey Stephen,

I know this is committed already (great work!), but perhaps you might be
interested in some doc criticism:

On Sat 01 Dec 2007 21:30, Stephen Compall <address@hidden> writes:

> +As a legacy of the time when Guile couldn't grow hash tables,
> address@hidden is an optional integer argument that specifies the
> +approximate starting size for the hash table.  I will usually round
> +this to an algorithmically-sounder number.

This and other instances of the first person in the manual are I think
out of place. Besides that, the "usually" is imprecise. Probably the
right solution is to replace the last sentence with "don't use this
argument" or the like. There are a couple of other instances of this:

> +By @dfn{coarser} than @code{equal?}, I mean that for all @var{x} and

etc.

Anyway, comments for if you feel motivated ;)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/