Re: Goops & Valgrind

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Goops & Valgrind
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:25:43 +0200

2008/9/11 Neil Jerram <address@hidden>:
> Also, is Mikael right with his error #1?  I'm thinking not, because I
> believe that instances are structs too, so surely it's OK to call
> SCM_STRUCT_DATA (x)[...] on them?

It is good that you are sceptical about what I say because it was a
long time ago that I was well oriented in this code.  However, the
problem here is not whether SCM_STRUCT_DATA is operating on the right
type of object.  The real problem is that it is looking after
information which is not stored in an instance.  Furthermore, it is
stored in the class object at a location with a negative offset.
Instances don't have any slots with negative offset.