trace examples broken in master

From: Julian Graham
Subject: trace examples broken in master
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 15:22:38 -0400

Hi Guilers,

I went to try out some of the traps / tracing features in the debugger
last night, and I ran into some compilation issues with `(ice-9
debugging ice-9-debugger-extensions)'.  A patch that resolves them is
attached -- I haven't pushed because I'm not sure I fully understand
the broader context of the code (e.g., why are we checking the version
when the debugger is now part of Guile itself?), and because I'm still
a little git-shy.

More importantly, though, tracing (as per the examples in section
5.21.3.5 of the manual) doesn't seem to produce any output.  Not sure
where to look to figure that out.

Regards,
Julian