Re: Guile HEAD on Cygwin-1.7

From: szgyg
Subject: Re: Guile HEAD on Cygwin-1.7
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:14:01 +0200

Andy Wingo wrote:
1. psyntax-pp.scm sometimes regenerating itself

Yes.

2. some kind of segfault related to stack sizes on cygwin

Not segfault, stack overflow after we make the stack bigger with
debug-set!. I didn't debugged this yet.

3. The following:

That segfault was an fd_set overflow. We should
#define FD_SETSIZE 1024
before including sys/types.h on cygwin. Also, guile should check that
(filedescriptor < FD_SETSIZE) before FD_SET and select.

Yes.

4. Split the #ifdef in libguile/i18n.c (line 63): there we should include langinfo.h, but cygwin doesn't have nl_types.h.

5. Parameters in address@hidden@_la_LDFLAGS is wrong (libguile/Makefile.am line 135). Please copy from other .so's LD_FLAGS, as the others build fine.

6. Build tries to compile ice-9/lineio.scm, but fails without readline.

Thanks,