Re: compiling with -DSCM_DEBUG=1

From: Ken Raeburn
Subject: Re: compiling with -DSCM_DEBUG=1
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:51:24 -0400

On Sep 7, 2009, at 05:22, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Non-pair accessed with SCM_C[AD]R: `ERROR: In procedure symbol- >string:
ERROR: Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting symbol):
#<guardian 124e300 (reachable: 15 unreachable: 1)>

Does that mean it’s this whole string that’s accessed with SCM_C[AD]R?

I'm not sure... it should be printing a value after the quote; I guess it's encountering an error trying to print, as well.

I use a modified scm_error_pair_access() that prints the function's
name (as seen above)

Hmm, I don’t see the function name, except ‘symbol->string’ above, but
I’d expect it to be part of the string that’s accessed as a pair.

Sorry, I meant scm_error_pair_access() prints out "scm_error_pair_access" to let me know it's been called.

I cannot reproduce it here without SCM_DEBUG but with this simple patch
instead:

Any hints?

I would think that would do it, but I'm not seeing it either. Still looking... (BTW, for SCM_DEBUG=1 I also had to comment out a debugging check using SCM_GC_MARK_P in gc.c, since the macro doesn't exist any more.)

Ken