Re: Benchmarking queries

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: Benchmarking queries
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 13:54:03 -0700

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 01:59 +0100, Neil Jerram wrote:

> 1. The files with an Emacs "coding: latin-1" comment can only be
> compiled if I add an extra comment "coding: latin1".  In other words it
> seems that Guile (=> libunistring) only understands latin1 without the
> hyphen.  Is this expected, and is there anything we can do about it?

In the string_abstraction2 branch, I'd added functionality to translate
some common EMACS names for encodings into the proper linunistring names
for encodings, but, that hasn't made its way into master.  For latin-1,
the name libunistring expects is ISO-8859-1.  So it was my bad for not
changing latin-1 to iso-8859-1 when I merged it from string_abstraction2
to master.

I haven't put the Emacs aliases into master yet because I want that list
to be in scheme code in ice-9 instead of in C code.  I haven't really
thought through the details of how that should be done.

Thanks,

Mike