Re: Valgrind fix

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Valgrind fix
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:16:40 +0100

Hi,

No Itisnt <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is patch that allows valgrind to run Guile under Linux non-IA64
> systems. It also fixes a potential leak in threads.c where a
> pthread attribute was not destroyed.

Excellent, thanks!  (For the record, the inability to use Valgrind with
libgc has been bothering us for too long.)

The patch looks good to me.  I have one question:

+  /* libgc seems to obtain the stack address from the kernel on
+  linux/freebsd. this gives it valgrind's stack address, which it
+  then scans, causing a segmentation fault. this sets GC_stackbottom
+  to the address that valgrind wants the program to use */

Did you check that hypothesis?  It’d inspire me more confidence if we
could remove the “seems to” above.  :-)

Besides, would you be willing to assign the copyright of your patch to
the Free Software Foundation, so that we could install it?  If that’s
fine with you, we can discuss the details off-line.

Thank you!

Ludo’.