Re: file names embedded in .go

From: Jose A. Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: file names embedded in .go
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:08:32 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> () Andy Wingo <address@hidden>
> () Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:52:09 +0200
>
>    Thoughts?
>
> It sounds complicated.
>
> Does the .go format support the usual ELF-y sections, like
> .rodata, .data, etc?  Maybe we could just include the source
> verbatim in such a section (and avoid mapping it at runtime).

I'm not sure if i'm understanding you correctly, but if, by source, you
mean the scheme source, that'd be terrible news for tools such as
Geiser. With that in mind, i like Andy's proposal, and would even add a
way to control how the paths are printed in the debugger backtraces
(where one cannot call scheme functions as the one shown by Andy),
although perhaps that's already implicit in the proposal (and, anyway,
is not strictly necessary: i can implement the
relative->absolute-in-load-path mapping in elisp).

jao
--
If at first you don't succeed, try and try and try again. And then give up.
There's no point making a damn fool out of yourself.