Re: port-filename and path canonicalization

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: port-filename and path canonicalization
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 00:26:43 +0200

Hi,

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> That is, if a file port supports ‘file-port-directory’, then how
> to use/restrict the resulting object is left up to higher layers,
> where it belongs.

I would put it the other way round: if an application wants to implement
‘file-port-directory’, then it’s its responsibility to associate the
necessary information (and authority) with open file ports (those under
its control, that is.)

It’s an application of the principle of least authority.

Thanks,
Ludo’.