Re: Build problem & unrelated patch

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Build problem & unrelated patch
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:13:30 +0200

Hi!

No Itisnt <address@hidden> writes:

> Recently I get a build failure on libguile/guile-procedures.texi:
>
> guile: uncaught throw to misc-error: (dynamic-link file: ~S, message:
> ~S (libguile-srfi-srfi-1-v-4 file not found) #f)
>
> Which would appear to be because srfi/ is not yet built. Anyone get
> the same problem? I'm not sure how to go about fixing it.

If you type “make” at the top-level things get built in the right order,
so you shouldn’t get this message.

If you --disable-shared you’ll get this message because we don’t
currently do the right Libtool magic to make static builds work.

> Here is a patch that uses AM_SILENT_RULES
> (http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/automake/silent.html) to
> pare down build output, and also adds some files to .gitignore. I
> think it's a good idea.

I can live without it, FWIW, but if others want it, I won’t oppose to it.

Thanks,
Ludo’.