Re: r6rs library documentation

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: r6rs library documentation
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 23:34:32 +0200

Hi Julian,

On Sat 12 Jun 2010 21:32, Julian Graham <address@hidden> writes:

> As promised, I've got an initial draft of the standard libraries
> documentation done.

Very cool!

>  Although I tried to avoid reproducing the content
> of `r6rs-lib', it's still a bit more verbose, I think, than what we
> discussed earlier in this thread (the Texinfo file clocks in at ~83k),
> so I could certainly use some editorial feedback -- and tips on how
> best to integrate it into the rest of the manual.
>
> In lieu of spamming the list with an attachment, I've uploaded a copy
> of the file to my web site [0].

I think that Neil would probably have the most useful feedback, as I
think he has the most global view of the manual. I am inclined to think
that the level of detail is appropriate, though I imagine that Neil and
Brian are cringing at the weight of the extra pages on the press ;-) It
is an ongoing tension and I'm not sure how to resolve it.

One nit: idioms like "See (@pxref{Environments}) for documentation." are
probably better as "@xref{Environments}, for documentation." Or ", for
more information."

Cheers,