Re: debian squeeze/sid - guile-master-20100617 fails

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: debian squeeze/sid - guile-master-20100617 fails
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:27:02 -0400

Reviving an old thread...

Recall that David Pirotte had trouble linking libguile-2.0.so because
-lffi was not included in the link command, despite the fact that
`pkg-config --libs libffi' did the right thing.

I ran into the same problem trying to build guile on gNewSense/mipsel.

In my case, the problem was that I had set PKG_CONFIG=true while running
configure.  I did this because it was recommended by the README in the
section on setting the BDW_GC_* variables.

Perhaps that was David's problem as well?

     Mark